Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sushi, Skiing, and Southern Comfort

Once again, we had a great weekend. Friday night brought us to my favorite Sushi restaurant in Richmond called Sticky Rice. We had a bit of a wait so I had a glass of Pinot Grigio and Jeff enjoyed a Sticky Rice special-a PBR tall boy.
After we were seated, we ordered a shrimp tempura appetizer and I ordered the Godzirra roll (soo good) and Jeff to my surprise ordered sushi. He is not a big fan of raw fish so he ordered two rolls that did not contain it. The app was delicious and so was my Godzirra roll but unfortunately Jeff discovered that its not only the raw fish that he doesn't like, it's also the seaweed wrap. Luckily I thought his sushi choices were delicious so I had a nice sampling to choose from for dinner. Needless to say, we had leftovers to bring home and we had to make a quick stop at McDonalds for a Double Cheeseburger and McFlurry for Jeff so he didn't go hungry.


Despite the sushi snafoo, Jeff has agreed to give Sticky Rice another chance because there are many cooked, non seaweed wrap containing choices on the menu that are delicious.
When we got home, we got our ski stuff together in preparation for our trip to Wintergreen with Cortney and Clayton.
On Saturday morning, Cortney and Clayton met us at our house at 7am so we could head to Wintergreen for another Saturday on the slopes. We enjoyed a fun day of skiing and hit the blacks and double blacks on the Highlands and the blues and blacks on the other side of the resort. We had lots of fun and skiied until we could ski no more. Then we enjoyed our own makeshift happy hour and enjoyed some Coors Lights by the car before heading back to Richmond.


On the drive home, we decided we would have a feast at another one of our favorite Richmond restaurants-Comfort. We arrived a little after 9pm and were shocked to discover that there are a lot of late night diners in Richmond. We had to wait a little so we ordered fried green tomatoes-so good there. At dinner, we grubbed down on all that Comfort has to offer. Immediately after we finished, we decided to leave because we were so tired from our time on the slopes and were all quickly entering a food coma.
When we got home, we went straight to bed and slept quite late this morning. aaahhh.

I taped the Miss America pageant last night because Miss NC and Miss VA were both from High Point. I watched it when I woke up this morning while Jeff made us waffles and sausage downstairs. Awesome husband.

Today we will probably be lazy for a little and then work on some home improvement projects and clean up.

Hope everyone had as much fun as we did this weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that we both had sushi on Friday night!! I miss you! Tahoe in Nov.!