Friday, February 8, 2008

Off to the Alps


This past week was busy for Jeff and me as we tied up loose ends at work and prepared for our winter ski holiday to Sestriere for some family time, skiing, and lots of eating and drinking!


On Wednesday we reluctantly sent Ginger to Suffolk. She will spend the week there with various members of the Fleming family while we are away. Although we were sad to see her go and will miss her very much, we are thankful that Marshall, Kathy, Scott and Amy have agreed to watch her. We know she will be in very good hands and will get to spend some fun time with her cousin Lane. They will probably destroy a couple of stuffed animals, get into the trash, and frolic outside. Have fun Miss Ginger!


On Tuesday, I dropped my skis off at Peter Glenn Ski Shop to get waxed and sharpened in preparation for the trip. Jeff got some new ski socks and a new camelpack bladder. Naturally we packed last night at the last minute meaning we had to stay up until midnight to finish it all. But we are now ready for the trip.


We will leave right after work today and head up to Philly for the night and will catch the train to Newark on Saturday morning. On Sunday morning, we will arrive in Italy where Ashley and Jason will be waiting for us. I am secretly hoping for a sign that says-Welcome Corty and Lil Bro. Hint Hint. :) I have always wanted someone to greet us after arrival at a European airport and I will finally have my moment!


Have a great week everyone! We can't wait to share our photos and stories when we get back. xoxxo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have gone with you! I can't wait to hear about your amazing trip! Happy two year engagement anniv.! Love you!