Sunday, February 3, 2008

Yummy Food and Home Improvements

I had a long day at work on Friday and didn't get home until after 6 meaning all I wanted was a nice yummy glass of wine and some delicious food that I didn't have to cook. So we headed to one of the best Italian restaurants in Richmond (in my opinion) called Edo's Squid. Its a tiny, hole-in-the-wall restaurant in The Fan that you wouldn't know was there unless you know its there. We had an appetizer of rabbit stew, then Jeff had fried quail with white beans and polenta and I had an enormous bowl of pasta with mussels. Delish. The restaurant was super crowded so we snagged two seats at the bar.


On Saturday, Lizzy and I went to the gym in the morning and then headed to her first dress fitting at Jingles. Her dress is absolutely beautiful and she looks amazing in it. She is going to be a truly stunning bride. After her fitting, I picked up Annie and we went to have lunch together at Barrel Thief. She had never been so I wanted to introduce her to this fabulous place.


After lunch, we went for a little shopping trip to Tweed for some Valentine's gifts and to SteinMart to check out their big sale. We found a couple of items each.


The rest of the afternoon was spent at home cleaning (steam cleaning the rug) and decorating. Jeff and I decided we needed a splash of color in some areas downstairs so we went in search of flowers to put in all the empty vases around the house. We also finally found tiles to put in our newly stained coffee table. The final project of the weekend is staining our kitchen table. Jeff will finish the project after we take Ginger to meet Archie up at the dog park.


Tonight we will head to Brooke and Adrian's to watch the Super Bowl. I will post about that later tonight. Go Giants!

No comments: