Sunday, March 9, 2008

Doughnuts, (new) Duds, and Dancing

Jeff was supposed to go out of town this weekend but decided at the last minute to stay in Richmond so Friday night was a low key evening. We both had a crazy week so the mellow mood of Friday night was certainly welcome. We made dinner, went to the gym, and then went for a late night run to Krispy Kreme for fresh doughnuts and decaf. Lucky for us the light was on so we got to enjoy some steaming hot, melt in your mouth glazed.


On Saturday, we woke up to 60 some degree temperatures so I took Ginger for a long run around the neighborhood. Then I picked Lizzy up and she and I went in search of dresses for all the wedding-related events we have coming up. We hit Bella Rosa and all the major stores in the mall and had some success! Lizzy and I had not had any Lizzy/Mini time in a while so it was fun to just hang out. After a brief rest at home, Jenny and Lizzy picked me up and we headed downtown for a girls' night out.

We met up with some of Lizzy's work friends Megan and Rachel and Megan's friend Paige for dinner at Popkin Tavern. Then we went to Emilio's to listen to Megan's fiance Jeff's band play. Their music is great-very instrumental upbeat jazz type music. We danced and had a great time.


No comments: