Sunday, August 10, 2008

A Weekend for the Weary

On Friday night, we met Jenny, Doug, Lizzy, Dan, AJ, Cary, and Ryan out at Barrel Thief to celebrate Jenny's birthday. When we walked in, our waiter said-"Oh I know you guys...you have a blog, don't you?" Jeff says I made a weird face when he asked me this but only because I was totally caught off guard that someone random in Richmond reads our blog. He said he had seen it because we have previously posted about Barrel Thief. Anywho-we had a great time with great food and wine as usual. Afterwards we went back to Jenny and Doug's house for some additional celebration until I could no longer keep my eyes open.

After I finished blogging on Saturday, Jeff and I decided that de-weeding our driveway should take top priority for the day so we grabbed the weed killing spray that has been collecting dust in our storage room for close to two years and sprayed all of the out of control weeds. We also pulled some up and transferred a huge pile of sticks into the bed of Jeff's truck to be deposited elsewhere at a later date. Now we just wait until the weeds die and we will pull the rest out.
Also while outside, we figured out who the new neighbors are. I actually met their moms...not them. We now have 3 24-year-old guys living right across the street from us. Two of them waved as I was talking to the moms so hopefully we can officially meet in the near future. We are excited that there are now three homes (including ours) with occupants under the age of 30.
While we were working on the driveway, our friend Brooke drove by and stopped to chat for a moment. She asked if we would be interested in going out on the river with them later in the evening. Of course we said yes and so we met Brooke and her husband Adrian at Huguenot Flatwater for a couple of hours on the water. Of course Jeff caught a fish because he always does. I'm not bitter. After the river, we went over to our neighbor down the street and Brooke's brother Jordan's house to watch the Olympics and eat pizza.
We slept for more than 1o hours again last night which felt very good and then went to the Carytown Watermelon Festival. I have been living in Richmond for four years and this is the first time I have ever been in town for this festival. We brought Ginger along and she had a blast. There were tons of vendors out on the streets and lots and lots of people. We stopped at Can-Can to have lunch outside which provided ample opportunity to people watch. Can-Can had several Watermelon specials to celebrate the occasion and of course I had to try the Watermelon Margarita. Delish. We supported the Shriners by purchasing a bowl of Watermelon for $1.








We spent the rest of the afternoon on the couch watching the Olympics-beach volleyball, soccer, swimming, gymnastics, badmitton, etc.
We really needed this weekend to recoup (me) and just hang out together considering we haven't spent much time just the two of us in almost three weeks.
Tomorrow is back to work...blah!
Hope everyone had a great weekend!!

No comments: