My good friend Cortney gave me a wine tasting at Strawberry Street Cafe for my birthday back in June. Strawberry Street does the tastings on the second Tuesday of each month. I couldn't go to the one in July so we made plans to go last night. The theme was Reislings which I thought I was not a fan of. But I learned last night that there are many different varieties of Reislings and I happen to really like the dry version.
I didn't really know what the tasting was going to be like but I was pleasantly surprised with just how nicely they do it at Strawberry Street. The tasting takes place in a small corner of the restaurant and I would say there were probably about 15 people there. We sat at a table set for dinner. They started us out with bread and then began bringing the wines. Each taste was basically a glass of wine, not a taste. Cortney and I behaved responsibly and only drank half of each taste knowing we had to drive home later in the evening.
Throughout the tastings, we were served a full dinner consisting of a crab dip appetizer, then pizza, then pasta, and finally apple cobbler and ice cream. You definitely get your money's worth.
Cortney and I had a great time learning about the different wines and catching up. Thanks Cortney for such a great birthday gift. I had so much fun and look forward to attending another tasting sometime soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment