My sweet cousin Julia turns 10 today and we want to wish her a BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Julia-I remember when you were just a teeny baby and it has been so much fun getting to know you as you grow up. Although you live far away in Seattle, we are lucky to feel so close to you. We hope you have a wonderful birthday full of fun and great surprises!
10 is a great year. When I was ten, I was quite the tomboy. I wore umbros and tshirts yet I paired them with chinese baby doll shoes. Looking back, that was not such a cute combo. My hair was short and a bowl cut, blond with a tint of green from chlorine. I insisted on wearing a Duke University hat everywhere. My 1oth birthday was a pool party with my best friend at the time-Kathryn. I remember it hailed during the party so we all had to run inside to the clubhouse. My two favorite gifts were a basketball and a portable CD player and the first CDs I bought were Sheryl Crow and Live. Why I thought I had a future in basketball, I will never know. I am sure Will and Catherine remember how annoying I was at 10 because I think we may have visited Seattle that year and I painstakingly videotaped the entire apartment with commentary. I wonder where that video is... My favorite TV shows were Full House, Home Improvement, and Saved by the Bell and I am confident I ate my weight in grapes all the time.
Jeff doesn't remember details of his childhood but I would imagine that, at 10, he was probably taller than I am now and had a much more likely chance of becoming a good basketball player. He probably had white blonde hair and I am pretty sure we have a picture of him at that age wearing acid wash jeans.
Anyway Miss Julia-we hope your 10th year brings you lots of joy and happiness.
We miss you lots and hope to see you again soon!!!
Love, Courtney and Jeff
No comments:
Post a Comment