Thursday, September 4, 2008

Hodgepodge of a Weekend

This past weekend, Jeff took off on a man weekend with his dad and brothers. First stop was Charlotte for the Virginia Tech vs. ECU game in the Carolina Panther stadium. Due to some unfortunate hokie coaching decisions, Virginia Tech was not victorious. Some necessary changes have taken place since the game so hopefully things will be better for the rest of the season. Next stop for the men was Pinehurst for two days of golf, beer, man food, and more. I think the boys had a great time and I know Marshall enjoyed the time away with his sons. I would love to relay more about Jeff's weekend but you know how descriptive men are...

I spent the majority of my weekend alone which was good and bad. I haven't slept alone in our house in about a year so thank goodness I had Ginger to keep me company. On Friday night, Ginger and I took a trip to Target for dog food and a magazine for me. Then I spent the rest of the evening on the couch, glass of red wine in hand, pouring over the latest issue of Domino. On Saturday, I slept as late as I wanted and then woke up, got ready and went to Steve's house to watch the game with him, his roommate, and Danielle. After an unfortunate game as mentioned above, I took off to Carytown to wander around and window shop. I only survived for about 45 minutes due to the intense heat and humidity so I returned home to lounge about until getting ready to have dinner over at the Poole's house.

Lizzy's brother was also in town so we had a great dinner and then met up with Lizzy's aunt and uncle at Barrel Thief to celebrate her Aunt Beverly's birthday. It was a fun evening of yummy wine, delicious dessert, and good company.

On Sunday morning, I met Lizzy for a four mile speed walk/run and then spent the rest of the day doing laundry, ironing, and cleaning before meeting Annie for a quick dinner of BLTs and then off to the movies to see Mamma Mia. I absolutely LOVED it and it was all I could do to keep from singing along. I would watch the movie again right now.

On Monday, I continued cleaning and ironing and rented P.S. I Love You. I loved this movie as well and it is one to make the tears pour. This one I would watch all over again as well. Jeff came home at about 7 on Monday evening and Ginger and I were very excited to see him. Monday night brought us over to Cortney and Clayton's house for the Gossip Girl premiere. Yes we both watch Gossip Girl--call it a guilty pleasure.

So really not a whole lot to report from the weekend, but I got some good alone time and Jeff got some good man time.

No comments: