Tuesday, November 18, 2008

New Chair

This is quite random but we have two new chairs. We had two other wing chairs in our office before. They were mauve (ew) and were, like many, many other things in our house, hand-me-downs from Marshall and Kathy. We kept them because they are quality chairs and we planned to have them recovered at some point in a nicer fabric.


Well Marshall and Kathy recently had a friend recover two other wing chairs from their own home without reviewing the fabric choice first. Let's just say the chairs DO NOT match their living room. Kathy asked if we wanted to see them and if we liked them we could make a trade-give them the mauve ones back and take the newly covered ones. We took a look at the chairs and I was not immediately sold on them so we thoughtfully declined.


Well after returning home, I thought about the chairs all week and realized that I do in fact want them. So they are now home in our house. The colors match our downstairs perfectly and after we paint the downstairs they will fit even better. Here is one of the chairs:


I really never thought I would like a floral fabric but this one grew on me. Thanks for the chairs M & K!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I like the fabric too!