It is official. We booked our tickets several weeks ago for a European adventure to London to visit my sissy and Jason. We discovered a can't miss deal on Delta and knew we had to live in the moment and purchase the plane tickets even during this time of economic turmoil. Ashley and Jason have been living in Notting Hill in London for just a bit over a year and it has been almost a full year since we have seen Jason.
Our flight leaves early in the morning on New Years Eve and we arrive in London in time to spend the night on the town in celebration of the arrival of 2009.
Ashley and Jason, I need for you to make the following things happen during our trip:
The ultimate tourist photo in front of the changing of the guards and in a red london phone booth
A visit to Buckingham palace, the Tower of London, Big Ben and Parliament (duh!) and all of the other touristy sites
A meeting with all of your friends there. I mean every single one. I pretty much hate that you spend your time with people I don't even know. I would like to meet Azizi, Megan, Ali, the rest of your book club, your coworkers at Rock.It, and anyone else I forgot. Megan-I am pretty sure you make my sister laugh as much as I do and I love that. Azizi-Ashley always has a great story to tell about you and your hubby and your costume from the Hen Night was awesome, and Ali-your wedding photos were gorgeous and so unique. I wish I had something to say about everyone else but I will once I have this mandatory meeting.
A chance meeting with Prince William so I can tell him about the love letter I wrote to him when I was 7 that I found years later and realized that mom never sent. Sigh...
A visit to the Borough Market so I can experience all those delicious tastes mom mentioned
A large serving of authentic Italian gelato per favore and a huge italian pizza con cipotle, fungi e olio piccante
Some time on the couch at Chez Emala drinking too much wine and eating, er, stuffing my face with whatever delicious item you prepare at your wet bar...I mean kitchen
Some Euro fashion from Rock.It that somehow makes it in my bag and into my closet back in Richmond
Skids...you know what I am referring to...HA
Moments of histerical laughter about yamichas (I know I spelled that wrong but whatever), skids, laughing with our mouths closed, kitlers, weird neiner neiner moments, and more
Gosh there are so many other requests-I mean-demands that I have for this trip but we can discuss once it gets closer.
I am seriously contemplating adding days onto our advent calendar to change the countdown to our trip instead of Christmas. Is that wrong?
Sis and J-see you in London. Cheers!
1 comment:
You should go to Wagemama if only for their:
"coconut reika
three scoops of dairy coconut ice cream topped with a fresh, tangy mango sauce and toasted coconut flakes"
An Andi and Ed Favorite!
http://www.wagamama.com
Post a Comment