On Saturday night we had people over to our house for a mini tacky lights tour and potluck dinner. We were so excited that Quinn, Dave and Baby Kennedy and Lauren and Tom could come in from out of town. Other guests included Lizzy and Dan, Jenny and Doug, Cortney and Clayton, and Danielle and Steve.
Jeff and I spent the better part of Friday night getting ready for the party. We have many silver entertaining items like napkin rings, chargers, a wine holder, salt and pepper shakers and more. We haven't used many of these items since last Thanksgiving so they were a bit tarnished. I got out the rubber gloves, the magic silver plate mom gave me last year and some cleaning solution and I went to work polishing the silver. We got a good laugh at the fact that we were polishing silver on a Friday night. Are we seriously at that point?
Jeff and I spent the better part of Friday night getting ready for the party. We have many silver entertaining items like napkin rings, chargers, a wine holder, salt and pepper shakers and more. We haven't used many of these items since last Thanksgiving so they were a bit tarnished. I got out the rubber gloves, the magic silver plate mom gave me last year and some cleaning solution and I went to work polishing the silver. We got a good laugh at the fact that we were polishing silver on a Friday night. Are we seriously at that point?
When we returned from the tour, it was time for dinner. Jeff had spent the day smoking four chickens and everyone else brought the sides and dessert. We had: smoked chicken, squash casserole, corn pudding, green beans, broccoli and rice casserole, mac and cheese, sweet potato salad, pecan pie, apple cranberry pie and a brownie trifle. The food was all soo delicious. We all sat at our dinner table-imagine that! It was so much fun. After dinner, the boys reclined in the family room, watched football and chatted and the girls grouped in the kitchen of course and gabbed until 2am.
2 comments:
So So So So So So SAD I missed it!
Tear... ;(
Sis - your house looks PURDY!
Post a Comment