Sunday, February 15, 2009

The UN-Valentines Day Weekend

On Friday night we rented the Surfwise documentary and had a take out dinner from Ukrops. Surfwise is about a couple with nine children who traveled up and down the coast in a 25 foot camper for the sole purpose of surfing every day. The children never attended school and were basically little vagabonds. It was really interesting and good.


On Saturday, I woke up early with a bit of a stomach ache but in my true nature, I pretended like it didn't exist and went on with my day. Jeff made me a delicious breakfast and then we decided to go on an adventure to historic Ashland, VA to see what was there. The town, where Randolph Macon is located, is quaint. There is a small downtown with several small shops and restaurants and train track running through the middle. We walked up and down the main street and checked out some of the stores. Jeff got hungry for lunch, but by this point just the thought of food made my stomach hurt worse. So I accompanied him to the Smoky Pig barbeque restaurant (which we have always heard was good) and I sat while he ate. He said it was good but not as good as everyone says

We headed home afterwards and I got on the couch to rest for awhile. I quickly began feeling even worse and you can guess what happened from there. We had originally planned to make a nice dinner at home and hang out by the fireplace but instead we watched a couple of movies and I went to bed early without eating a thing.

I am feeling a bit better today but still haven't eaten much. Jeff worked outside all day while I again sat on the couch. I despise being this lazy but sometimes it is necessary. I did muster the energy to take Annie to the salon to get our nails done. But I am now back on the couch resting my frail little body.


Hope everyone had a nice and more romantic Valentines Day than we did.

No comments: