Sunday, March 22, 2009

Did You Know There is a Basketball Tournament Going On?

Well I certainly do. Basketball has been on our television since the tournament started on Thursday. I will change the channel to one of my favorite Bravo shows and the next thing I know it is back on basketball. So-what did we do on Friday night? You guessed it-basketball. So in my attempt to survive another evening of one unknown (to me) team playing another unknown team, I went to Barnes & Noble and bought the third book in the Twilight series. That and a glass of wine (or three) made another evening of the same a bit more bearable.
On Saturday morning we took our time waking up and my amazing husband made me blueberry pancakes. The rest of my day was spent with my grandmother, Annie. She has just recently given up driving and so I drove her around the West End to take care of some errands. It has been awhile since Annie has been to several areas in the West End and it was fun hearing her comments as we passed new strip malls and housing developments. And her excitement over the blooming flowers and trees put a smile on my face. While I was gone, Jeff finished some work on the trailer and worked out in the yard. He made lots of progress which also put a smile on my face.

On Saturday we had a date with Jenny and Doug at their new house in Mechanicsville. They moved in just a few weeks ago and we had yet to visit their new digs. Jenny's sister, her husband and their three month old Blake were also visiting. And Lizzy and Dan also met us there too. We had a great time catching up with Jenny's sis and meeting little Blake. He is precious, of course. Jenny and Doug's new house is sooo nice and I know they are enjoying making their new place their home. To the Schoellers-thanks for having us over and thanks for dinner. We had lots of fun!


This morning we woke up even slower than yesterday and so started our day a bit faster. The weather today was gorgeous so we worked in the yard and made a visit to Home Depot for some flowers and plants. We got two plants for either side of our front door, some pansies for the built-in planters on our deck and two azalea bushes for either side of our garden.





After planting, we took a break for a leisurly lunch on our deck in the sun. We grilled some chicken with Uncle Will's special seasonings he gave us for Christmas. Delish.

I think the spring we are waiting for is finally here!

No comments: