
Last night, in honor of Earth Day, we went to see Earth. When we first saw the previews for this movie weeks ago we knew we wanted to see it...and on the big screen. I had a terror of a day yesterday and when I found myself still at work much later than normal, I called Jeff and told him we were going to grab food and go to the movie STAT. He met me out in the West End, we noshed on a quickie salad and free fro-yo at Jason's Deli and made it on time to the movie.
I was irate at the $9.25 per person movie going fee but I quickly got over it when online ticket ordering won me a free small popcorn at the kiosk.
The movie was glorious. Elephants and polar bears and monkeys, oh my. I found that I am obsessed with Birds of Paradise and would delight in watching a movie entirely about them and their mating dances/transformations. Hilarious!
The best part of the whole thing? See below for an email I received today.
Thanks to your purchase of advance tickets for earth, Disneynature and Fandango will plant a tree in your honor! Disney's goal is to ensure that it plants trees in areas that conservationists have identified as important hot spots of biodiversity. Disney will oversee the planting of the trees in the Brazilian Atlantic Forest, which is considered the most endangered rain forest in the world. Today, only 7 percent of the Atlantic Forest remains. Disney is committed to ensuring the trees are planted and cared for to provide the greatest long term benefit for the planet.
There will be a movie similar to Earth called Oceans coming out on Earth Day 2010. You can count on us being there for that one too.
No comments:
Post a Comment