Monday, July 6, 2009

Celebrating in More Ways Than One

____________________________________________________________________
Update: I received this funny little email from Cortney with a great recap of lessons learned from the weekend. I just had to share:
Hey, Thank you for inviting us! We had such a great time with ya'll! I also learned that: I like tuna that's not salad, Clayton and I can't share a kayak, how to win and lose at Pay Me, foxes love the outer banks too, with the right guide you can see wild horses at the beach and Baldies soft serve is meant for sharing :-)
Cort-how right you are about all of these although I am sure we can determine a way for you and Clayton to successfully share the kayak. Can't wait 'til next time!!
And if you want to view the sweet video of Danielle and Steve's engagement, click here.
____________________________________________________________________________
We spent this weekend in Corolla, NC at the Fleming's beach house to celebrate the 4th of July. We arrived on Friday evening with Cortney and Clayton in tow and enjoyed a delicious seafood dinner on the deck prepared by Marshall and Kathy. Thanks guys!
We spent the rest of the evening hanging out outside enjoying the ocean breeze before hitting the hay. Saturday we were up bright and early to take Ginger for a swim and then spent the rest of the day relaxing/reading on the beach and swimming/kayaking in the ocean. Bliss.

On Saturday night we had the traditional 4th of July feast: burgers and dogs, potato salad, broccoli salad, corn on the cob, baked beans and Kathy's homemade peach cobbler. Delish!

Around 8pm Danielle and Steve came over. I met them down by their car and when Danielle got out, she flashed a beautiful diamond ring located right on her left finger. Naturally, we squealed and jumped up and down in excitement. Steve had proposed to Danielle during the sunrise that morning. When I remembered that Steve was there too, I stopped squealing and jumping and gave him a congratulatory hug as well. We spent the rest of the evening listening to their engagement story/watching the video of the engagement that Steve had so cleverly recorded.



We toasted champagne, watched the fireworks and played cards. So much fun!
Unfortunately Sunday was overcast but C&C and Jeff and I enjoyed a ride on the 4-wheel drive beach and then returned to watch the oh so exciting final Wimbledon match between Federer and Roddick. We were sad when Roddick didn't win but it was exciting nonetheless.

Thanks for coming down with us C&C and CONGRATS Danielle and Steve. I can't wait for all the excitement that is to come for you two!!! And a BIG thank you to Marshall and Kathy for having all of us crazy kids around this weekend!!

1 comment:

Emily (The Culinary Couple) said...

Tell your friends Danielle and Steve that their engagement video is the absolute sweetest! Brought back memories of my own engagement excitement :)