Last weekend my parents braved 95 south on a Friday evening and traveled to Richmond for a weekend visit. The main purpose of their visit was a Jones family reunion. The Jones family are my mom's grandmother's family. The reunion was in Blackstone, VA just next to Earls, VA where the family home, Springfield, is located. The reunion was interesting and I met a lot of family I never knew I had. There were more than 80 family members in attendance and we ate delicious Brunswick stew prepared by a group of professional stew chefs and we had a variety of chocolate chess pies to choose from for dessert.
My mom's birthday was the week they came down so I met mom at the door with peach cobbler with a candle, a birthday balloon and prosecco. Happy Birthday, mom!

On Saturday night, we visited the State Fair of Virginia. I have always wanted to go to the fair, but not for the rides. I wanted to visit the animals-pigs, cows, horses, goats, chickens, etc. And that we did. We saw all the animals just mentioned in addition to Alpacas, doves with Mohawks, turkeys, and rabbits. I learned goats like to be pet just like dogs do and that they come when you call their names. I was also really excited to find the "World's Largest (fill in the blank)" We found quite a large chicken and a MASSIVE pumpkin weighing in at over 1,000 lbs. Incredible.
1 comment:
we do have lots of fun together. I am one lucky Mom :-)
Post a Comment