Sunday, February 28, 2010

So Long 2010 Olympic Games

It is a sad night in the Fleming house as the 2010 Winter Olympic Games come to a close. We have loved watching all the action every night and receiving daily updates from my mom and dad while they were there.

Here is mom with US Olympic Snowboard Team members Nate Holland, Graham Watanabe, and Matt Ladley.

Early on in the games Jeff and I decided we will start a Winter Olympics 2014 travel savings fund. We are going to do our best to be in Russia to watch our favorite athletes compete for Gold. The TV announcers just told us that Lindsay Vonn (eh) and Julia Mancuso (yeahhh!) will be competing again in 4 years. At the risk of sounding un-American, neither Jeff nor I like Lindsay Vonn but we love, love, love Julia Mancuso.

Tonight, we are on the couch, eyes glued to the screen for the closing ceremonies and sipping a little bubbly and some special Canadian brewskis in celebration.

So long Vancouver. We will see you and the slopes of Whistler for Christmas 2011. Can't wait!!!

1 comment:

Bianca said...

Neither can we!! :-)
Wish I was there watching the Closing Ceremonies just like I was for the Opening Ceremonies!
Love it that it is starting with a clogging number!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was all amazing! Long live the Olympic Games!