This past weekend we were in Richmond. Imagine that. Saturday was Danielle's bridal shower so lots of girls were in town for the weekend. Andi arrived Friday night so we met up with her, Lizzy, Jenny and Doug at Mezzanine in Carytown for dinner. Mezzanine was recently voted one of the best restaurants in Richmond and it certainly lived up to its reputation. It is one of the many new restaurants popping up all over town boasting menus featuring only local ingredients. The menu changes daily and is displayed on a large chalkboard on the wall.

All six of us ordered something different from flounder, chicken, and gnocchi to crispy shrimp and quail. The food was so good and it was so fun catching up with everyone.
On Saturday morning, Jeff and I slept in. He wakes up at 4:50am every day and is long gone before my eyes open so I love the weekends when I wake up and he is in the bed too. We cleaned a bit and then I headed out to Danielle's bridal shower where I had the chance to catch up with my favorite girls who I don't get to see as often as I'd like. Danielle had a great shower and received tons of great gifts for her and Steve's new home in Charlottesville (when they have one). Danielle looked beautiful and we are so excited for her wedding day in just three short weeks. Sunny Florida here we come!
No comments:
Post a Comment