Sunday, March 14, 2010

Wicked Good Weekend

On Friday after work I zoomed home in time to share a glass of wine with my hubs before Cortney and Clayton picked us up for a fun night out on the town. We started at Bistro 27 for their pre-theatre pre fixe menu. The food was delicious especially for a discounted menu. We also saw our boy DJ there...you know Dwight Jones, the Mayor of Richmond. We thought about approaching him and getting a photo but we didn't want to get between him and his martini.

After dinner we headed straight to the historic Landmark Theatre to see Wicked. It was soo good. I loved every second. I haven't seen a musical in more than 10 years and I really enjoyed it.

After the show we stopped at Capital Ale for a few beers and to catch the tail end of a concert by the Wood Brothers. Then it was on to easy street and then back to Cort and Clayton's for a night cap. We got home after 2:30am but without overindulging, thank goodness.


On Saturday, I was up early for a hair appointment . Then Courtney and Paul arrived for a brief visit. We headed to Shamrock the Block in the bottom, stopped at City Dogs for a snack and then headed home to grill out for dinner. Again, in true Courtney fashion, I conched out on the couch while everyone else visited for a bit. This morning, we took advantage of the #1 breakfast at Westbury for $4.70 and the best coffee in Henrico.

Such a fun weekend.


This week I have an event in Williamsburg and then I head directly to another in D.C. I am looking forward to the end of the week when we fly off to Florida to take part in the wedding of Danielle and Steve. At least there is a light at the end of the tunnel of this upcoming, busy week.

Thanks for coming to see us Paul and Courtney...and Roxy too!! See you guys in a couple of weeks.



No comments: