Thursday, April 22, 2010

I Love Earth

Happy Earth Day!  Since last year, we have continued to become more environmentally friendly.  We have yet to try composting but I think I am going to go to World Market today and purchase their countertop composter and finally give it a go.  I will be keeping mine UNDER the counter though.  Something about having rotting banana peels on the counter doesn't sound very appealing.  We have continued to be 99.9% paper towel free.  We only use them when we have parties because of all the counter wiping and spill cleaning that goes on.  Our rain barrels are always full and Jeff has been watering our plants in the backyard with rain barrel water for several weeks now.

We are looking forward to attending Richmond's Earth Day festival again on Sunday and will probably plant our garden this weekend as well.

What are you doing for Earth Day?

1 comment:

Bianca said...

Bought flowers for the patio. Made an Earth Day pledge at Whole Foods to keep doing all I pledged to do on that first Earth Day in 1970 and got a free healthy cleaning product. Walked everywhere and bought only local products. I was a busy bee :-)