My weekend started around 3:30pm with a phone call from Cedarfield. A little fall Annie took on Wednesday could potentially be more than a pulled muscle. Annie was experiencing excruciating pain so she asked for some xrays of her pelvis. They showed a potential 3 fractures in her pelvis. It was now necessary for us to take a visit to the ER for an official xray and a diagnosis. Because I drive an SUV that Annie has trouble getting into normally, a ambulance was called to transport us to the hospital. This was my first and hopefully last ride in the back of an ambulance and it wasn't so bad except for the fact that I kept imagining that sometime in the past, an extremely bloody person was probably screaming in pain and being shocked back to life. I know-morbid. I blame it on too many episodes of ER, Grey's Anatomy, Boston Med, Trauma: Life in the ER. You get the point. Luckily, this ambulance was pristine and our paramedic was attractive so Annie flirted her way to St. Mary's Hospital.
Once we arrived, I noticed that St. Mary's has hired a team of hobbits from Lord of the Rings to attend to its ER patients. The x-ray tech was a short little gremlin followed by the guy who wheeled Annie back from the x-ray room-high pitched voice, hunched over. Then the guy who took blood-short, big feet, big ears, wouldn't look me in the eyes. HELLO TWILIGHT ZONE! Other than the little men who cared for Annie, the rest of the experience was not bad. I really was terrified that, considering it was Friday the 13th, there would be a multi-car pileup on 95 with multiple casualties, lost limbs, etc. Lucky for me, not a single emergency came in.
The diagnosis was a very small pelvic fracture which will require 6-8 weeks of rehab. Poor Annie but it could have been much worse. At 11pm, we were free to go and took another ambulance ride back to Cedarfield where I tucked Annie into a bed in health care and headed home to crash.
On Saturday morning, it was back to Cedarfield to bring Annie all the things she needed from her apartment. We visited for a bit and then headed out for a lunch in the sun followed by a little shopping at Short Pump. After have a sampling of crab last weekend at Bay Creek, we decided to find some crabs in Richmond for dinner. Everywhere was sold out except Cameron's so we headed straight there to purchase 2 dozen-word to the wise-you only need a dozen for two people. We have quite a bit leftover.
It was the perfect night on the deck, pickin crabs, drinkin beer and listenin to music. It was finally "cool" enough to be outside on the deck.
Sunday morning I woke up and Jeffrey made me pancakes with a fresh peach and rum sauce. I love him for his breakfasts and so much more. The rest of the day was spent Sunday cleaning house-something that we needed to do pretty badly and then I made another visit to Annie.
It felt good to be home for once and now we are looking forward to a house full of visitors this week. First, we have Kathy and then Will, Cath and the girls come in advance of our trip to the river next week. Here's to the last few weeks of summer.

2 comments:
OOOOOOOH, pretty blog redesign!!!
I would have told you that a dozen is enough for 2 people, but now you can pick the rest and make crab cakes. Yummmmmm
Can I have the pancake recipe please?
Post a Comment