Once again my crazy ass schedule has made keeping up with the blog nearly impossible. Here we go...
I returned early from the river trip due to work obligations but I was semi OK with it due to the fact that the entire fam (minus Julian and Rene) would be stopping in Richmond for one more night before departing for their respective cities. After work on Friday I stopped by Marshall's for a boring bathroom purchase on my way to meet everyone for dinner at Cedarfield. On my way to the register, I spotted a massive assortment of amazingly cute baby clothes by the likes of Calvin Klein and Ralph Lauren. I took a moment to snap some blackberry photos of the things I added to Ashley's must buy list for Tater Tot before making my way to CF and I may or may not have bought her a little outfit.
Dinner at Cedarfield was...well dinner at Cedarfield but who knew the Cedarfield dining room is one of the few places in Richmond you can order frog legs. Interesting, eh? Annie loved having all her granddaughters with her and we saw some old friends and met some new ones. After dinner we relaxed back at the Fleming B&B and became very sad that everyone would be parting ways verrrry early the next morning. We reluctantly went to bed with promises that all would be awake to send Will, Cath, Laura and Julia on their way at 4:30am. And we were...
Mom, sis and I went back to bed for a few more hours before waking up to have breakfast and chat a bit more before I met up with Cort and Clayton for a trip down to meet Jeff and spend the afternoon on our boat. Mom and Ash had plans to visit Annie's storage unit and run errands and, as much as I wanted to spend more time with them, visiting the storage unit yet again just wasn't something I could bring myself to do.
Cort, Clayton, Jeff and I had a great time cruising around on the boat, lunching at Waterside, and attempting to fish. We then met up with Chunk and Katie for dinner at Chukamucks (i really don't know how to spell that). It is the perfect little river restaurant. Picnic tables, fried fish, cold beers, spectacular sunsets.
On Sunday, Jeff and I made the quick trip to VA Beach to watch the East Coast Surfing Championships. To be honest, I enjoyed relaxing on the beach more than watching the contest. We moved on from there so Jeff and Chunk could do a little surfing of their own while I relaxed more.
I love weekends.



No comments:
Post a Comment