Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A Royal Wedding!

Prince William and I share a birthday (mom and Princess Di were in labor at the same time) which means that for the first 15 or so years of my life, I was convinced that we would one day meet and get married. 

This might be embarrassing to admit, but I have several scrapbooks of pictures of Wills that I used to collect back in the day as well as a complete royal family tea set that lives at mom and dad's house.  The defining moment in our relationship came when I wrote a letter to Prince William when I was 9 in which I explained to him that we share the same birthday and so are destined to be soul mates.  I gave it to mom and trusted her to mail it for me and then sat back and waited for a response.  Well, of course, I never got one.  Imagine my shock and sense of betrayal when I later found that letter in my 9 year old, HUGE and messy handwriting as I was cleaning out my room in NC before mom and dad moved up north.  SHE NEVER MAILED IT.  What if she had?  I will never know. (I am mostly joking here)

I must say, even though I am sad I am not a future Princess, I could not be more excited for a royal wedding and all of the excitement that will surround their impending nuptials.  Congrats to Wills and Kate!


PS-Jeff is a stellar replacement for Prince William. :)