Thursday, December 9, 2010

Claire Mason Emala

Claire Mason Emala was born at 6:23am on Monday, December 6.  I was en route to Orlando, FL for a work conference.  My flight took off for Charlotte at 5:30am and when I landed I had many texts from my sis with a play-by-play of all that had happened while I was in flight.  The last one said: On our way for c-section.  That was the first thing I saw when I landed.  I gasped and the man next to me looked at me strange.  I got a text a few minutes laster saying-everything went fine.  This was obvi Jason.  I called immediately.  He gave me a general recap and then I cried.  Tears of happiness.  My niece was born and my sis was ok.  That was all I needed to know.  He wouldn't tell me anything else because he wanted Ash to be able to tell me all.  Good husband.

I finally talked to my sis about 15 min after she was in recovery.  She explained all to me:  Claire Mason Emala, 7lbs 1oz, 18.5 inches long and a head of brown fuzzy hair.  Perfection.  Her name-Claire is a name Ash has always loved and I guess Jason does too.  Mason is our dad's middle name and if Ash hadn't used it then I would have.  


Sis-I am so proud of you and cannot wait to snuggle her next weekend.

xo

No comments: