Thursday, December 30, 2010

Claire Mason

A few weekends ago, I hit 95 north once again to meet little miss Claire Mason Emala...my newest niece.  I spent three days there snuggling her and my sis and begging Jason to give me foot rubs.  He is the BEST foot rubber there is.  Hands down.  


When I arrived on Friday night around 9pm, my sis and Jason met met at the door and brought me a "lizzy glass" of wine.  Yes, Jason called it that.  Lizzy-do you love it?  We hung for a few before slumber time.  In the morning, my sis woke me up with a sleeping, full bellied Claire.  Ash then proceeded to hand over the little bundle and Claire and I had some sleepy, snuggle time while Ash took a nice, long shower.  My next two mornings started the exact same way.  Honestly, I reallly wish I could snuggle little Claire first thing every morning.  She is the perfect start to a day.

On Saturday, we hung around in our pajamas all day.  There really isn't anything I love more than staying in my pajamas for 24 hours.  (I did shower-but put those PJs right back on)  Mom and Dad decided to peace out this Christmas and head to Europe for a week and a half since both of their daughters decided to ditch them for their inlaws so they stopped by on Saturday on their way to the airport and brought us lunch.  It was the perfect time to wish them a fancy trip and spend some time with them before the holidays.

On Sunday, I woke up and showered after my snuggle time, of course, but only because my Aunt and my Grandmother were visiting.  We had a nice, long visit with them and then Ash and I made a quick trip to the craft store so she could make me a scarf.  Wait, I was supposed to be helping her?  Shoot.  Actually, I did cook them dinner both nights and it tasted good.  Amazing!  

Ash and Jason really seem like natural parents and spending a weekend with new parents and a newborn didn't scare the shit out of me.   To all the future grandparents of our children-you should be happy this experience didn't add more years to the Jeff and Courtney baby timeline. :)

Ash and J-thanks for letting me visit.  I love my niece so much.  Now for the brag book: check out how utterly beautiful little Claire is.  <3




Here she is doing the Heisman pose



Ash made this doll.  Love it!

She is two weeks old here and is holding up her head.  This means she will be a genius, duh! 
I have officially decided that there is nothing cuter than a daddy and his daughter

1 comment:

Lizzy said...

Oh my goodness! I've been waiting for this post and just LOVE the pictures. Claire is beautiful. And yes, I love the "lizzy" glass of wine - man, I could use one of those sometime VERY soon with my besties. AND - Ashley needs to start selling those dolls - LOVE LOVE LOVE!