Last night Richmonders were freaking out because snow was supposedly coming. The schools cancelled classes at 3pm yesterday and milk and bread sold out at all grocery stores. Shockingly, the Richmond weather men had it right. Around 9:30 this morning, the snow began to fall. Lucky for Jeff, his company allowed them to leave around 10am. I, on the other hand, had a group of bankers in for training so couldn't leave until after 3:30pm.
While I was gone, Jeff brewed beer on the deck and played with our sweet Ginger.
But I wasn't going to let the feeling of a snow day pass me by. On the way home, I stopped at Kroger for all the necessities: the ingredients for Emily's oreo truffles, hot chocolate, snowman shaped marshmallows, beer and firewood.
Tonight I made the truffles (delicious by the way) and delivered some to Bob, our neighbor. We have lived here for close to 4 years and I have never had a good chat with Bob. He has lived on this street for 50 years, was the Director of Corporate Communications for the Life Insurance Company of VA back in the day, but started as an Ad Man (like Mad Men), has three sons, and is an incredible artist. He showed me a painting he did of his wife. She is absolutely beautiful and when he showed me the painting, he was smiling so wide. She passed away many years ago and it made me smile but also a little bit sad when I saw the look on his face.
Jeff heated up some venison stew he made last night and we ate it by the fire while watching The Holiday. Perfect night.
Now if only work would be cancelled tomorrow so I can get a head start to New Jersey to meet Claire Mason Emala...
2 comments:
So glad you enjoyed the Oreo Truffles! I'm making more this weekend :) And safe holiday travels ... enjoy that new little niece of yours!
You're bringing me some of those truffles too right? Now hit the road!
Post a Comment