Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Look out Lindsey and Bode...

...the Flemings have qualified for the 2011 Nastar Championships in Winterpark, Co.  I opened my email tonight and saw a message from my dad with the subject line reading, "CONGRATULATIONS!!"  I thought to myself, "How did Dad know I bought a big girl vacuum tonight and is that really worthy of a congratulatory email?"  

I opened the email and what did I see but this:


And this:


When we were in Telluride, we decided to race each other on the Nastar course.  Mom and I requested we go early in the day before the course ruts were formed.  I raced faster than I ever have and Jeff actually went relatively slow compared to his times from last year.  But it seems we qualified for the national championships.  I pretty much hate racing but have forced myself to do it the last two years to get over my fears.  Guess it is paying off!  By the way-Jeff is PUMPED!