Sunday, February 27, 2011

Virginia is for Running Lovers

The weekend after we returned home from Colorado, I was scheduled to run in the Virginia is for Lovers 14k in Virginia Beach.  We drove down on Friday night and stayed with Mason and Jason at their beautiful house and feasted at an Italian restaurant near their house.  On Saturday morning, Mason and I ran the race.  It was not such a good one for me.  My legs felt like concrete poles from mile 4 on but I ran the whole way and finished.  After some post race celebration and lunch, we headed over to Marshall and Kathy's house to visit with them and tell them about our trip.  

I didn't do much visiting considering I was in the middle of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and either had my nose in it or was passed out napping for a few hours.  Luckily they didn't mind and thank goodness for family where you can read and snooze and no one minds. :)

On Sunday we needed to put the cover on the boat so we headed over to Paul and Courtney's house where we had a short visit with them and the kiddies. 

For some crazy reason, I took no pics this weekend.  Weird.

No comments: