Sunday, December 11, 2011

Winter Weekend in Suffolk

This past weekend we had Jeff's company Christmas party in Virginia Beach.  We went down to Suffolk on Friday night because Jeff and Paul had plans to go duck hunting starting at 5am on Saturday morning.  Friday night was spent catching up with Paul and Court and playing with sweet James and Jenna until they both fell asleep basically sitting up.  


On Saturday morning, the boys headed out and when I woke up, I chatted with Courtney and did a few puzzles with the kids.  Court had an appointment in VA Beach and Kathy was coming over to babysit so Courtney and I headed off toward the beach and we explored, had lunch at Chick's and we got our nails done.  I can't remember the last time Courtney and I hung out just the two of us and it was such a good afternoon.


When we got back to the house, everyone was pretty much sleeping-all taking afternoon naps.  We lounged with them for awhile before we all needed to get ready for a night out.  Paul and Courtney were going to a tacky Christmas sweater party and we headed back down to VA Beach for the WM Jordan Christmas party at the Hilton ocean front.  I didn't get any photos from the party but Jeff's coworkers did and hopefully they will send them on.  The NOT highlight of the night was when Jeff's elbow accidentally hit my full glass of red wine and my top half took a bath in it.  From my chin down to my wrists, there was red wine dripping all over.  LUCKILY I was wearing black sequins and the red wine soaked/blended right in.  I didn't hesitate to tell Jeff that had I been wearing ANYTHING else, the night would have been game over.  Sheesh.  Jeff is a bit under the weather so we only made it to 10pm or so but it was a fun party with an AMAZING band.








Today we were lazy again with a breakfast out and then some time spent with Scott, Amy and Chase before heading home.  We are looking forward to seeing everyone again for Christmas in a few weeks.

No comments: