Sunday, August 26, 2012

Olympics 2012

Because I have been behind on blogging, I didn't do my usual fanatical Olympics posts but I was just as obsessive about them this year as usual.  Cort and Clayton came over for the opening ceremonies.  I made it to the parade of nations and then embarrassingly fell asleep for a little until the finale.  Oops.  I still love, love swimming, beach volleyball, and track and field.  I think American TV does a terrible job of covering the Games because we miss out on seeing so many of the more unusual sports.  They need to step it up for Sochi.  I am weird in that I can't stand watching gymnastics.  I think it is a total snoozefest but I am totally typical in my adoration for Michael Phelps especially in these games.  I think he is fantastic.  I find Ryan Lochte to be a total dumb jock and I am unimpressed by his grill and ridiculously large collection of ghetto shoes.  You know I have an opinion on all.

Cort made this delicious cookie cake in celebration of the Openng Ceremonies.  It was delicious!


No comments: