Thursday, April 3, 2008

Fleming Easter Eggstravaganza

For Easter this year, Marshall and Kathy invited us down to Suffolk to spend some time with them and Scott and Amy. Jeff and I drove down on Saturday afternoon and spent some time with Marshall and Kathy's new dog, Annie. Scott and Amy met us back at the house to enjoy a delicious dinner of beef, mashed potatoes, asparagus, parfaits and baklava bars...phew.


We went to church on Sunday morning and then spent some more time with Scott & Amy at their house. I took a snooze in preparation for my trip to Kiawah the next day. Good thing I napped because Marshall and Kathy had prepared a glorious, fabulous, intense, fantastic, (you had to be there to understand the adjectives) race. Understanding my obsession with the TV show The Amazing Race, Kathy had placed clues all over the back and front yard of their house and Jeff and I raced Scott and Amy to the end. It was a nail biter, but Jeff and I won the always appreciated prize of a case of beer.




The Amazing Race Kathy had prepared was an unexpected change from the annual egg hunt and we had lots of fun participating. Thanks Kathy!! All of the running we did caused us to work up an appetite and we sat down for an Easter ham dinner. After dinner, we surprised Jeff with a bunny cake for his birthday.


No comments: