Thursday, May 22, 2008

Catching Up, Wedding Prep, Sunshine, Crafts, and Cookouts

We were pretty busy as usual this past week/weekend. Lizzy and Dan returned from their honeymoon last Wednesday so Lizzy and I got together Thursday night for a glass of wine so I could catch up with her, talk about the wedding, and most importantly hear about the honeymoon. They had an amazing time in Maui as evidenced by the hundreds of photos I looked through with Lizzy. They went snorkling, walked on volcano rock, went ATVing, biked down a mountain through numerous ecosystems after watching a beautiful sunrise, went deep sea fishing, and more. After a few glasses of wine, we called the boys and convinced them to go out to dinner with us at Mexico. I am so glad Lizzy is back!




On Friday night, Jenny needed some help with wedding stuff so she and Doug invited me, Jeff, Lizzy, Dan, Cortney and Clayton over so the girls could help Jenny and the boys could drink beers, eat, and play cornhole. We helped Jenny wrap some gifts and tie the name cards onto starfish and had lots of fun while doing it. Of course we had a little prosecco to make it all more festive.



On Saturday morning, Lizzy and I went to Miki's bodyshape class and we both got our booties kicked!! I was feeling pretty good about myself after that so I came home, grabbed my Martha Stewart mag and my Rachel Ray mag, put on my bikini and went out to sit in the sun and hopefully get some color on my transparent skin. Jeff joined me outside but he was working on the yard until I found a project for him in the Martha mag. Together, we created a stump seat with a blue top as well as some wooden coasters that we pained yellow and blue.





Jenn and Howard were having a cookout on Saturday afternoon so we got ready, purchased some Coronas and limes and went a couple of streets over to their house. We ended up staying from 3 until after 11. There were lots of fun friends there and we had a blast chatting, eating and playing games. Jeff and I were masters of beer pong. Usually I am terrible.





On Sunday morning, I woke up unable to walk because of the aforementioned gym class and have been pretty much unable to walk until today. But I forced myself and have continued to exercise this week.



This weekend we head off to Jenny & Doug's wedding in Virginia Beach and we are so excited. Then we leave for sunny California for a week off to vacation and celebrate our one year wedding anniversary.

No comments: