Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Barbeque Chicken, Bowling and Barrel Thief

I know I have said this before but I am so glad summer is here. Jeff and I probably grill out for dinner two to three times a week mainly because we love being outside and since we just remodeled our backyard, we cannot get enough. Below is a photo of me getting ready to enjoy some barbeque chicken and a corn, tomato, mozzarella and black bean salad.

Two Fridays ago, Cortney and Clayton had us over to their house for elk burgers (from the elk Clayton got over the winter) and then we met Lizzy, Dan and friends at Sunset Lanes for a little bowling.

On Saturday I went over to Jenny and Doug's to sit in the sun with the newly married Jenny and to hear all about her honeymoon. It was at least 100 degrees outside so Jenny and I positioned our chairs directly underneath the sprinkler so we were showered with water while sitting outside. Meanwhile, Jeff and Doug were playing golf with Jordan and Clayton. When they got back, we made plans to have dinner with Jenny and Doug at Barrel Thief that night. We were happy that after such a hot day that Sangria was the special of the night at Barrel Thief. We enjoyed some delicious food per usual at one of my favorite Richmond establishments. I am so excited that they are preparing to open a second location closer to our house off of Patterson.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl, Happy Birthday!! (yesterday) Hope you did something fabulous... like working on a chopsaw in the dark?! Watch out for those fingers!! (actually it made me really happy to see that, it's like something Rene and I would do. Wish I had some pictures of us recently hogging out our little pond to refurbish it. Dug out about a thousand pounds of incredible green goo!!)
Rene and I have really been enjoying your blog and were proud to be included back in May. We just put finishing touches on our garden guestroom & hope that you guys really will come visit sometime. Now, regarding your most recent post... The empty glasses, pitcher, and all those pink eyes say it all.
Salute! and lots of love, Julian and Rene