Yesterday I turned 26 years old...wow. I feel like I just turned 21 and now I am in my late twenties. Where does the time go. I took Friday off of work to work around the house and enjoyed a late lunch with Lizzy Poole. Then Jeff and I joined the Schoellers for nine holes of golf out at Stonehenge Country Club. I drove the cart, Jeff played. On my actual birthday, I woke up and continued working around the house which was just fine with me really. I guess that is another sign I am getting old. That afternoon Jeff hosted a fiesta for my birthday so all of our best friends in Richmond came over to hang out on the deck, drink Sangria, eat chips and dip and play cornhole, ladder golf, and beer pong. Just because I am 26 does not mean I can't still play college drinking games. For dinner, Jeff grilled up some delicious carne asada for burritos. My favorite part of the night was the chily pepper pinata. Ashley-I used my new kimono belt as a blindfold in honor of you.








Thanks to all my friends for coming over to celebrate my birthday and for those of you that are far away, thank you for the cards, phone calls and blog comments. I am truly a lucky, lucky girl.
This afternoon, Jeff and I took Ginger over to the outdoor mall-Stonypoint-to walk around. The mall is dog friendly with little water stations outside and most stores allow the dogs to come in. When Ginger spotted one of the fountains we knew immediately that she was going to jump right in...and she did. Lots of passersby got a big kick out of our large dog splashing around and trying her hardest to swim in the fountain.


No comments:
Post a Comment