Jeff and I decided on Thursday of last week to go to the VT vs. GA Tech game in Blacksburg and figured it was a perfect opportunity to ask my parents to join us. Jeff and I drove down to Suffolk on Thursday night to pick up the RV since we were sure all the hotels in and around Blacksburg would be sold out. On Friday afternoon after work, we packed up the RV and drove down to Blacksburg. We arrived around 10:30 and my parents were right behind us at 11 and of course caught up for a few hours over beers and wine. In the morning, we had a delicious breakfast at Gillie's, made the must do visit to the VT emporium for some hokie gear, grabbed some more booze and grub and made our way back to the RV. Since it was still early in the morning, mom wanted to visit the April 16 memorial so she and I made the trek across campus. Although I have visited the memorial before, this visit was way more emotional.




Once we cooled off from the walk back, the tailgating began. Seats in the shade were a must due to the extreme heat but we had a great view of everything else going on in the lot. We had some marching from the Cadets, a visit from the Reynolds, and a visit to Megan and Steve Korving before heading into the game. Luckily we won the game but we got fried from the sun!




After the game we walked across campus AGAIN for dinner at BW3's before calling it a night.
Unfortunately we had to leave super early in the morning because I had to be at a conference in Williamsburg by 2. Even though the visit with mom and dad was short, it was very sweet!! Thanks for coming guys! Can't wait to do it again soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment