Wednesday, October 1, 2008

On the Road Again

This week put me on the road again for work-again up to Washington DC for two meetings with Virginia state legislators. Traveling for work is becoming less and less glamorous but important nonetheless. The current economic environment and its impact on banking has definitely put me to the test. I have learned so much and in a weird way feel sort of fortunate to be so close to the situation. My skills in communications and public relations have increased dramatically over the past four or so weeks and that is the silver lining I have found in all of this mess.

Anywho-the best part of this past trip was my lunch today at Rosa Mexicano in DC. The restaurant serves authentic mexican food with table side guacamole service. It is located across from the Verizon Center. It was marvelous!!! I just wish Jeff had been there with me because I know he would have loved it too.


I am happy to report that I am now home for the next week or so with no travel. Yippy!!

1 comment:

Julie, Andrew, Connor and Leyla said...

Hi Court! That restaurant is one of Andrew and my very favorites. Here's the closest guac recipe we could find to replicate that table side guac! It's super yum.

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/recipe/recipeDetail.cfm?objectId=43AE7293-E1D5-450B-40C94C909926E5E5