Sunday, October 5, 2008

Fireside Fun

During dinner with Lizzy on Thursday, she came up with the idea to make smores around a fire on Friday night. Luckily Jeff and I have a portable fire pit so I offered our house for the fireside fun. We invited Lizzy and Dan of course and then Jenny and Doug and Cortney and Clayton.


It was gorgeous outside on Friday night so before everyone came over Jeff and I grilled out and had dinner outside on the deck. Then everyone came over and we ended up eating lots of smores and drinking lots of wine and beer. We also got a visit from our neighbor and friend, Jordan, and his friend Chip. Jordan had clearly been having lots of fun himself before coming over and so we nicknamed him Hurricane Jordan based on his behavior.


Whenever we all get together, hilarity follows. Jeff gave us a dance performane to "I love beach music" which we have on video but unfortunately it is hard to see. Clayton gave his own singing performance to "Welcome to the Jungle" and then sampled a tomato straight from the garden that Jeff roasted over the open fire. Virginia Gentleman also made an appearance.


Needless to say, Jeff and I (and we heard the same thing from others), spent the day on the couch in our pajamas recovering from the evening. On Saturday we watched the Hokies beat Western Kentucky and then had a surprise visit from Marshall, Kathy, Courtney, Paul, and James who were on their way back from the watching the VT game in person.

No comments: