Sunday, October 26, 2008

QT with the Family!

Last Friday I caught the 5:30pm train from Richmond to Philadelphis to spend five glorious wonderful days with my family. I arrived EARLY at 30th street station in Philadelphia and was greeted by mom, dad and sissy!! I hadn't seen Ashley in 8 long months so of course I cried. We went back to mom and dad's house for purple hooters - a delicious drink dad created and Ashley named - and we spent the next couple of hours catching up and laughing hysterically!



On Saturday morning we all woke up early and got ready to head to Newark, NJ for my cousin Chase's Bar Mitzvah. Chase is quite talented and we enjoyed his service complete with some singing performances. The party afterward was held at the Newark Club which had amazing views of New York City. We danced, ate and drank the afternoon away.



After the party we watched the Virginia Tech game at a sportsbar before hitting the hay. On Sunday morning, we drove to my Aunt Beth and Uncle David's house for brunch and some additional time with the extended fam and then dad dropped Ashley, Mom and me off in New York City for drinks with Chambo and Ashley's friends Samara and Josh followed by a delicious Sushi dinner at Haru.




On Monday morning, mom, Ashley and I took the bus back into New York City for a day of fun spent shopping, eating, drinking and sightseeing with stops at Central Park and Rockefeller Plaza. I definitely need to go back to NYC and spend more time.


On Monday night we took the Bolt Bus back to Philadelphia just in time to meet Beth, Chase, and our other cousin Austin for dinner in mom and dad's neighborhood. We had so much fun with them and I am thankful for the extra time we got to spend with them. On Tuesday morning, Dad had to head off to work so mom, Ash and I went for a hike just outside of Philadelphia. We packed a picnic lunch and spent the day in the crisp air. On Tuesday night we had our last dinner together at the ultra nice and delicious restaurant Oceanaire. The seafood was fantastic and the baked alaska dessert was exciting AND delicious. I think it is my new favorite dessert.







On Wednesday morning we lounged around the house until it was time to take me to the train station where I said my usual tearful goodbye.
Mom and Dad-thanks for having us up to the Brandywine BNB. I had soooo much fun and cannot wait to do it all over again with the boys in Chamonix. xoxoxo

No comments: