Monday, October 13, 2008

Columbus Day Picnic and Pesto

Today is Columbus Day and since I work in the banking industry, I had today off. Unfortunately Jeff was not as fortunate. I had quite a busy day. I took Ginger to get groomed at PetSmart, went to the grocery store, made lunch for Jeff and myself, came home, went back to the Fresh Market for pine nuts, picked basil and made pesto sauce. In between all of that, I straightened the house and did several loads of laundry.
For lunch, I made some sandwiches and bagged some chips and met Jeff at Maymont Park. It was a beautiful day in Richmond so we spread out a blanket and spent an hour by the lake enjoying the sun.


We have an abundance of basil in our garden and I dont want it to go to waste when the cold weather comes so I decided to try making homemade pesto sauce. I never realized just how easy making pesto sauce is and I will be making a lot more tonight so I can freeze it and enjoy it all winter.



My garden thinks it is still summer and I picked a couple more tomatoes and a pepper today.

No comments: