Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008



Due to Jeff's work schedule, he and I had planned to stay in Richmond and have a low key Thanksgiving just the two of us. But we decided last minute to drive up to Lexington, VA on Wednesday night and surprise the rest of his family. We didn't tell anyone we were coming and I think we truly surprised everyone.




Grandma and Grandad have a pool in their old renovated farm house so Jeff and I started off the morning with a swim. We thought a bit of exercise before binge eating later was probably a good idea. We spent the rest of the day smoking barbeque for the game tomorrow and lounging around spending time with family. Jeff and I took a break for an excursion on Grandad's polaris tractor which was scary/fun.

Dinner was delicious as always and afterwards we hit the road back to Richmond so Jeff could get a good night's sleep before work today. I woke up with him this morning and checked out the sales at the mall. I was able to pick up a couple of Christmas surprises before going to Lizzy's house for breakfast with her family.

As soon as Jeff gets off work today, we will get back on the interstate and head back to Lexington for the night and then it's Blacksburg in the morning for a good in-state rivalry game against UVA.
We everyone had a great Thanksgiving and Go Hokies!

No comments: