Sunday, December 21, 2008

Annual Ornament Exchange

When we moved into our house three years ago, we decided we wanted to create an annual tradition of exchanging ornaments between the two of us. Tonight was Ornament Exchange 2008. Before I show photos of the two we gave each other this year, I will show and explain the ones we have given each other in years past.

Courtney to Jeff 2006-I had this ornament created to look just like our red front door.
Jeff to Courtney 2006-Jeff gave me this porch swing ornament with a place for a photo. We put a photo of us on the night we got engaged in Italy since 2006 was the year of our engagement.

Courtney to Jeff 2007-In 2007, I gave Jeff this ornament customized with our names since it was the year we were married.

Jeff to Courtney 2007-Jeff gave me this ornament that he engraved himself with the words "1st X-Mas 2007" since 2007 was our first Christmas together as a married couple.

Jeff to Courtney 2008-this year Jeff gave me this eco bag ornament. We have really made an effort to be more environmentally friendly this year and I think this ornament is an adorable way to represent our efforts.

Courtney to Jeff 2008-Jeff loves trains so I gave him this train ornament from PB.

I am hoping that one day our tree will be full of only ornaments we have given each other. It will be much more meaningful that way.

No comments: