Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Jeff = LEED ACCREDITED PROFESSIONAL

Jeffrey McColl Fleming is now officially a LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Accredited Professional. He has been studying for more than one month for this test and he passed it-or should I say ACED it-this morning. He got 190 out of 200 questions CORRECT. SO smart. He even gets to put letters after his name on his email signature and business card. I am jealous of that.

LEED Professional Accreditation distinguishes building professionals with the knowledge and skills to successfully steward the LEED certification process. LEED Accredited Professionals (LEED APs) have demonstrated a thorough understanding of green building practices and principles and the LEED Rating System.

Jeff will be the project engineer on an upcoming LEED construction job in Charlottesville so having this new accreditation will certainly serve him well. He is one of only 5 other associates in his company to pass the test. So to me that means he is a Superstar.

I am so excited he aced the test because it means I now have my constant partner in crime back. Evenings in the Fleming house have been exruciating for me over the last month because I have had no one to play with except Ginger. Of course I love playing with her but she can't talk back to me so our conversations are very one sided and almost always end up with her not paying any attention to what I have to say and instead just wanting me to provide endless petting.

While Jeff was studying I was always peeking into the "office" and hoping he would take a break or walking back and forth in front of his desk until he looked up in hopes he would want to chat. I drove him out of the house to the library several times. Oops. AND now he has to clean the kitchen after dinner again. YEAH!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS Jeffrey. I am SOOOOO proud of you!!!!!!

1 comment:

Bianca said...

Way to Go, Jeff! Congratulations on your achievement in becoming a LEED Accredited Professional. We are so very, very proud of you!!