Monday, December 15, 2008

Weekend Wrap Up

We ended up at the new location of Barrel Thief on Friday night just the two of us. Everyone else was already busy with various other activities. The Patterson location is very similar to the one near Short Pump-just set up differently. There are several new food items on the menu which was a nice change. I had a ham and cheese sandwich (one of the new items) and Jeff had the grilled cheese of the day. We shared most of a yummy bottle of Spanish red called Tres Picos and brought the rest home to finish here while we both watched P.S. I Love You and while I slept through and Jeff watched Charlie Wilsons War.
I was up early on Saturday morning in time for Jenn to pick me up for Bootcamp and then home to work on creating some Christmas gifts for family.

At 4:30 we left for Jeff's company Christmas party at the Virginia Beach Hilton Oceanfront. W.M. Jordan is one of the few companies left that puts on a great Christmas fiesta. The cocktail hour started at 6:30 with cocktails and heavy appetizers and was followed by a full surf and turf plated dinner at 7:30. At 9pm, High Voltage (a great band out of Atlanta) took the stage and we spent some time watching/laughing at Jeff's coworkers and their spouses shake it on the dance floor. We had decided not to spend the night after the party so we left around 10 to drive back home to Richmond. I spent Sunday at the hair salon and Christmas shopping and spent the rest of the day doing the norm.



Hope yall had a great weekend!

No comments: