Monday, January 26, 2009

Monday Morning Surprise


I walked into my office bright and early this morning and was met with a spectacular mini palm tree. The note on it read:

Courtney,

I knew when we left Kiawah what I wanted to get you as a token of my appreciation for everything you did to make Annual Convention a success. It just took me longer to find it than I thought it would. I hope this will remind you not only of the hard work we all did that week, but of the beauty that surrounded us while we were there. Thank you very much. We make a good team.


-LouEllen

LouEllen is our Director of Professional Development and together we planned the VBA Annual Convention last year. It took place at The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island. As any meeting planner knows, the destination does not really matter for the planner because you don't really have any down time to enjoy it. So LouEllen got me this palm tree as a way for me to imagine myself on a beautiful SC beach when I get stressed at work.


Forgive the photo...taken on Blackberry.


I thought this was such a nice gesture and it definitely helped me get my Monday morning off to a great start.

Happy Monday!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

I love the blackberry disclaimer, I use it often:) Palms are the best! I have a Sago Palm that I am nursing back to health after I left him (yes, his name is Jerome) outside in teh cold for too long:( xoxo

Bianca said...

What a fun little surprise palmetto! May it grow large enough to fill a corner in your office with a touch of the low country.

Cortney said...

How Cool! I'm sure that got you super motivated to start planning this years conference!