Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Fleming Baby Factory

On Friday night Jeff and I drove straight to the hospital in Chesapeake to meet our new niece Jenna Grace Fleming. The rest of the Fleming fam was already at the hospital hanging with the new addition, Courtney and Paul so we joined right in. Jenna is absolutely precious. She is teeny tiny and has long mini fingers. She just sleeps and makes little movements and noises. We left Courtney, Paul and Jenna to get some rest and went to Magnolia's to have a birthday dinner for Scott. We had a great time talking about the next baby on the way from Scott and Amy!!! Yes, Amy is pregnant (about 15 or 16 weeks I think). She has a little baby bump and looks great. They are due mid July.



Besides meeting baby Jenna, Jeff and I had planned to go down to Suffolk so he could help his mom build a playplace and swingset in their backyard for all the grandkids. On Saturday, Jeff, Marshall and Kathy left for Lowes to buy all the supplies. They were there for 3 hours so thank goodness I didn't go. 3 hours in Lowes probably would have killed me. They spent the rest of the day in the backyard building their masterpiece and I spent the day catching up with Amy inside the warm house. After dinner we went to see Taken. It was action packed and I found myself covering my eyes and ears and grabbing on to Jeff repeatedly.



On Sunday, Jeff and company continued building while I did some work and then we went over to Paul and Courtney's house to visit with James, Jenna, Paul, Courtney and her parents. Bonnie and Dave had prepared a delicious feast for the Superbowl so we hung out for a while and watched the first half of the game before hitting the road back to Richmond.




We will be back to Suffolk soon enough so Jeff can finish the project in the backyard.
Welcome Jenna Grace. We are so happy you are finally here!

No comments: