Wednesday, April 1, 2009

We Steal (I mean collect) Beer Mugs

When we go on vacation or go out to a bar or go to a festival or really just anywhere that serves beer in mugs, we end up bringing two home. Sometimes we ask, sometimes Jeff stuffs them in his jacket pocket and on the rare occasion we fork over some cash money for them. So far we have accumulated a collection of mugs and pint glasses from the countries/cities of Italy, London, France and Costa Rica and from various Richmond
establishments.
To our excitement we discovered that Capital Ale House in Richmond has a Steal the Mug night every Tuesday. Each Tuesday they have a beer special and the beer is served in its signature mug or pint glass and you get to take the glass home. The best part is no matter how many you drink, you get to take the glass.

So Tuesday Steve, Danielle, Jeff and I went to Capital Ale for Steal the Mug night. The special was Guinness, which I don't really like, but Danielle informed me that mixing Guinness with a cider is tasty and she was right. So Jeff had three and I had two and we took all our new mugs home.
On the way to France I learned in the airplane mag that if a Guinness is poured correctly then you should have a perfect foam mustache after taking a sip. We tested this factoid. Jeff's looks the most natural of course!
We also had one ginormous pretzel.

In April the beers are Dogfish Head, Anchor Brewing Company, and Magic Hat Brewing. Hope the mugs are cool...

No comments: