After witnessing Dave and Quinn's dad brew beer July 4th weekend and after sampling the results of Danielle and Steve's adventures in home brewing, Jeff decided he wants to give it a try as well. So for his birthday I bought him a home brewing kit.
The kit came in last Tuesday so as soon as we got home from Steal the Mug night, we brewed beer. Everything went smoothly and we now have a bucket of beer fermenting/carbonating in our front coat closet. It is supposed to be stored in a cool, dark place and that was the only place we have that fits that criteria. Weird, I know.
Right after brewing, our house smelled like TOTS during the day but the brewery smell quickly subsided.
I have been in DC for work this week and just got home today. Jeff informed me last night that the beer is ready to be bottled. We have been collecting bottles now for two weeks (having a party here on Saturday helped a lot). When I got home today I went upstairs to use our guest bathroom and discoverd dozens of empty beer bottles sanitizing in the shower. This is what happens when you leave husbands unattended.
So tonight when Jeff gets home, we will bottle the beer. I am excited because my job is to put the caps on the beers with a nifty bottle capping contraption that came with the kit.
Soon, our beer will be ready to taste!
No comments:
Post a Comment