Friday, June 12, 2009

Relaxin by the Rivah

I am so late posting about this past weekend so here goes. Mom and Dad came down on Friday night with Chris in tow. They were knocking on my door shockingly early compared to their usual arrival time of after 11pm so we had plenty of time for chatting and cocktails. So fun!

On Saturday morning, I dragged my usual late sleeping rear out of the bed BEFORE my mom which is crazy but necessary as we had plans to hit up the South of the James Farmers Market for some delicious weekend treats. A loaf of fresh bread, some goat cheese, and a square of fudge later, we were back in the car to pick up grannie Annie for a nail appointment at Atir. Love that place. Annie and Mom were thrilled because first time visitors receive a manicure for free. We relaxed and chatted as they pampered our hands and then I left mom and Annie to enjoy a mother daughter lunch just the two of them. I headed home with dad who had conveniently just purchased a case of wine and beer at Corks and Kegs at the end of the shopping center. The boys and I had lunch and awaited mom's return.

When mom returned, the two of us packed up our things and got on the road to the Rivah. Jeff and Dad opted to stay in Richmond and do manly things like use power tools to put up shelving in our hall closet/brew center and brew a batch of Magic Hat #9 Clone Beer. I am beyond excited for this one to be ready.

Our "Aunt" June and "Uncle" Dick have a house on the rivah in Weems, VA just across from the Tides Inn. June's daughter Suzanne happens to be one of mom's closest friends so we all met up in Weems and had a hilarious and fun 24 hours. Upon arrival, we drank wine, duh, and chatted on the porch for hours just catching up. Dinner was delicious and included a birthday celebration for Suzanne's son Julian and their former exchange student turned stateside law student, Chris. Dinner was followed by the most ridiculous game of pictionary during which I learned that Walruses don't have legs. How did I not know that? No wonder my team had no idea what I was sketching.



On Sunday morning we awoke to a beautiful day and being the sun lover that I am, I quickly threw on my bikini and positioned myself on the deck in the sunshine with my book. Everyone else joined me soon after and mom, Suzanne and I enjoyed a long, mind provoking game of Scrabble. And I didn't lose for maybe the first time ever!!

Unfortunately afterwards it was back to Richmond so mom, dad and chris could get on the road for their long trip back to Philly. Mom and Dad were so kind to purchase a new bedspread for us for my birthday/anniversary. We love it!! Thank you so much!

Come back soon!

No comments: