Surprise! Chocolate Rods!
On Friday evening, I visited my grandmother and made it home right when Jeff did. We quickly changed and drove across the street to Steve's apartment where he and Danielle had prepared appetizers and drinks. We hung out with them for a bit and then drove out to Colonial Downs for some horse race watching and gambling. We had been to Colonial Downs once before for the Strawberry Hill races but unfortunately that day was cold and dreary and betting was not allowed. This time we made a couple of $2 bets and several $0.50 bets but unfortunately we didn't win. Danielle and Steve had much better luck. We had so much fun despite our losses and definitely plan to return soon.
After Colonial Downs, we drove to Jenny and Doug's house to spend the rest of the evening hanging out with Jenny, Doug, Erin and Wyndi. Again, we were loud and laughed hysterically and didn't stop until after 2am (except I took a little nap on the couch in the middle of it all-oops).
When we got home, Jeff took a little nap while I cleaned up a bit around the house then we got showered up and headed over to Richmond International Raceway for the Indy race. We met up with Danielle, Steve and his friend Chris at the race and we tailgated in the parking lot before the race started at 8:30. While we have been fans of NASCAR for many years, this is the first Indy race we have been to. The atmosphere is much the same although on a smaller scale. It has been a long time since we have been to a race and I had forgotten how much fun they are. I was cheering on Dario Franchitti (Ashley Judd's husband) but unfortunately he was not victorious.
No comments:
Post a Comment