On Sunday night, Jeff and I fixed a scrumptious dinner for my two uncles and my auntie. It was exciting because it felt like our beach vacation was extended just a bit longer. The uncles and auntie had a full day of work on Annie's apartment so we prepared grilled shrimp, grilled romaine, grilled zucchini and squash and corn for dinner and brownies and ice cream for dessert for them to come home to. We sat outside and chatted for hours over multiple bottles of wine.
It was so nice having everyone here and can't wait for you to all return under less stressful circumstances.
Having mom here has been great as well. After I landed in Richmond on Thursday night, I drove straight to the train station to pick up mom. On Friday night we went to dinner at Cous Cous, which she loved. Saturday morning I woke up very sickly. Can I just tell you how nice it was to have my mom in the house when I felt sick. I felt like I was 12 again as I wandered into her room in the middle of the night so she could rub my back. Love it! I am so proud of how hard she has worked to prepare Annie's apartment for the move. Kudos, mom, for everything you have done by yourself with such a positive attitude.
Hotel Fleming is always open. Family and friends are welcome at all times.
1 comment:
thanks again to the proprietors and resident dog of the hotel fleming for such a comfy place to lay my head during a stressful and trying time :-).
Post a Comment